Yoga & Ayurveda were always meant to be taught together (that’s why we offer lots of Ayurveda in the 200 h Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training). But somehow most of us lost the connection to Ayurveda in our modern yoga practice.
In my humble opinion, teaching yoga is challenging without a basic understanding of Ayurveda. Once I started to explore the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, I could offer my students the right yoga for the season of the year or the season of their life. I never had ‘no inspiration’ for a class as Ayurveda taught me what was needed that time of the day or season. It even helped me to design private classes to help heal imbalances.
But – maybe most importantly – it taught me how to be compassionate with myself and my students: we all have tendencies that might bother us or those around us, but by knowing our constitution, we understand these tendencies are simply expressions of our energetic makeup and that we have simple tools to ease our way back to balance.
As an Ayurvedic Health Counselor and yoga teacher, I’m so thrilled to be finally offering Ayurveda for Yoga Teachers! A 40 hour course taught online in 2 weekends.
After completing the course, you’ll receive both a certificate and 40 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits.
What you’ll learn in Part 1 – September 11-13 2020:
– basics of Ayurveda: elements, dosha theory and more
– experience yoga practices and meditations for each dosha
– how yoga & Ayurveda relate and why you’ll need Ayurveda to teach balancing, safe and transformative classes
– how any challenges you might experience in teaching yoga relate to your own Ayurvedic constitution and how Ayurveda can help overcome these challenges
– how to recognise doshas or imbalances in students in class
– adjusting your verbal and physical adjustments to different doshas or imbalances
– sequencing for different doshas or imbalances, both for group and private classes
What you’ll learn in Part 2 – October 16-18 2020:
– how combined doshas work and how to balance them
– experience yoga practices and meditations for each combined dosha
– seasons of the year, times of the day and seasons of life and their related dosha
– creating a healthy (teaching) schedule according to Ayurveda
– simple daily cleansing & nourishing morning and evening routine to support you in your teaching and life
– sequencing for different seasons of life: childhood, puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc.
Each course will be taught as a combination 3 (60 minute) yoga practices, 3 meditations, lectures, group discussions and group exercises. You’ll finish the course not only with new wisdom and teaching tools, but also with a balanced body, mind and heart!
Saturdays 9am-12:30pm & 2-4:30pm
Sundays 9am-12:30pm & 2-4:30pm
– you have either finished a 200 h Yoga Teacher Training, are currently enrolled in one or are an experienced yogi with at least 3-4 years of steady practice
– you are willing to explore your own constitution and tendencies first, before helping your students. like in yoga where we need a solid practice before we can teach, in Ayurveda we need to be open to always learn to look at any of our own imbalances before we can help heal our students’ imbalances
The two parts of the course are connected so it’s advised to join both. You can however take just one of them if you wish. For the second course, a solid understanding of Ayurveda is required or the completion of our 200h Homecoming Vinyasa Teacher Training (the course will cover more than we do in our 200h training, but you will have enough knowledge of the basics to take part 2).
Investment for part 1 or 2 separately: €189 for 20 hours of training
Investment with discount for the whole course: €319 for 40 hours of training
You’ll receive 40 hours of intensive guidance and personal advice, plus a digital manual.
Required reading Yoga & Ayurveda by David Frawley
Two journaling exercises (will take you about 1-2 hours total)
Either send me a message below if you have any questions, or make your payment via the bank details below and send me your email address via [email protected] You will receive a payment confirmation as soon as the payment is received. The link to our online meeting room will be sent shortly too.
M.E. Coolsma, Madrid
IBAN: NL31 INGB 0009 2721 77